Thursday, March 12, 2015

Kurt Busch (#nascar)
“Innocent Until Proven Guilty?.”

Love him or hate him, NASCAR Race Mom is pleased that Kurt Busch was re-instated by NASCAR. Domestic Violence is a very staid issue. 
However, equally important to this writer is the American Axiom of “Innocent Until Proven Guilty.”

The “Presumption of Innocence" emphasize that the tribunal has the obligation to prove each element of the offense beyond a reasonable doubt. Was that accomplished in the elder Busch’s cases? NRM thinks not.

Clearly, when false allegations of domestic abuse are made, the stakes are very high. Ironically, this is contrasted by a relatively low burden of proof necessary for accusers seeking civil restraining orders and the abbreviated manner in which such hearings are generally held.

Kurt Busch’s Statement: “It means the world to me to be back in the car. It's been a tough situation the last few months, and I've gone through this with confidence knowing that I know the truth and that I never did any of the things that I was accused of. It was a complete fabrication. But it's unfortunate that my personal life crossed over and affected my business life, but I can't wait to get to the track, to see my team, to shake their hands and say thanks for the support, and to go out there and make my first lap this weekend.”

Busch related that he is appreciative of the NASCAR process of the Road to Recovery. For him, hardest part about this entire situation was watching this #41 racecar on the track without him. Although Busch has missed the first three races of the year, he still has a decent chance at making the Chase.

“It's working with the great group of people at Stewart-Haas Racing. Kevin Harvick is a winner already this year. Him and Rodney Childers have gone above and beyond what we all expected them to do here, and with Tony Gibson, he has that team in place, and we proved that at the end of last year with our top finishes of the year those last three races.” Kurt theorized. “I hope to start off this year in that same pattern, and my start is a little late. It's at Phoenix. So I'm looking forward to it. I believe I've got cars that are capable of winning races, now I've just got to go out there and do my job.”


Kurt Busch is on the entry list for the 11th Annual CampingWorld.com "500" - NASCAR Sprint Cup Series - Phoenix International Raceway - 3/15/2015.  Best of luck to him and the #41 Haas Automation Chevrolet Team!

No comments: